The Rivendell Hermitage and the Rivendell Retreat Centre are currently closed in order to help prevent the spread of CO-VID 19 in our province.
We will be closed until July 3rd with a caretaker present on site. At this time we are notifying everyone who has a confirmed or waitlisted booking up to July 3rd by phone or email about the cancellation of their bookings. We are not taking future booking requests until further notice. Please check this website for future updates.
We appreciate your understanding and look forward to the end of this pandemic crisis. Please take good care of yourselves and each other during this time. You are invited to join the Rivendell community each day in taking a sacred pause and lighting a candle at 5:00 pm for our world.
The Rivendell Hermitage is a place dedicated to individuals, silence and solitude. It is the fulfillment of the original two-site vision for the Rivendell Retreat Centre, rooted in the gospel values of Jesus and the practiced traditions of prayer, silence, simplicity and hospitality. It welcomes individuals and small groups who are seeking spiritual renewal, respite and growth.
The Hermitage follows the unique and established model of Rivendell in being accessible to people with limited resources and special needs, and being hosted by a volunteer Christian community. But it follows a separate set of principles:
- Solitude – social spaciousness which allows for freedom to enter into silence.
- Silence – a protected space that encourages attentive listening.
- Spaciousness – a physical, spiritual and natural spaciousness that provides a non-intrusive, non-directive environment for freedom of spiritual expression and creativity. A space that honors life’s rhythms and tensions.
- Soul Hospitality – Welcoming all who seek renewal and healing to a safe and inclusive environment trusting in the generous love of the Creator.
- Simplicity – radical simplicity that respects the land by treating it gently and minimizing our footprint. A simplicity that is humanly and economically sustainable.
- Sanctuary – Nurturing nature’s invisible embrace and beauty, recognizing and providing the opportunity to receive from a living sanctuary.
This website contains information about staying at the Hermitage, as well as the history of its development. We welcome you to share our unfolding journey.
Download the Rivendell Retreat Centre & Hermitage brochure here: Rivendell Retreat and Hermitage brochure